Hi and welcome to our 2023 Christmas home tour! I am so excited you’re here! This year I decided to use soft whites and ivory with a pop of burgundy for our entry and dining room, and then used emerald green for a pop of color in the living room (mantel, tree, & decorative accents). I hope you find some decorating ideas that inspire you this magical holiday season! Here is our Christmas Home Tour: Emerald Green + Burgundy.
- 5 Best Tips: Wrapping Christmas Gifts Silver + Gold
- White & Neutral Christmas Table (in 5 Steps)
- How to Swag Christmas Garland: 2 Mantel Ideas
- How to Combine Christmas Garland: 3 Easy Steps
Christmas Home Tour: Emerald Green + Burgundy
Here are the rooms on our home tour this year.
All of the rooms follow the color palette except our powder bath – it’s always the rebel with red – lol!!
And as always, remember to decorate with the love of our Lord Jesus Christ! He is the only one we are truly decorating for 😉
- Dining Room
- Powder Bath
- Living Room
Ok, let’s get to our Christmas Home Tour Emerald Green + Burgundy!
We’re going to begin with the burgundy portion first!
Christmas Home Tour: Burgundy
I always tend to keep the Christmas decorating in our entry pretty simple, probably because I have so much “stuff” in the other rooms – haha!
- This year I used used some burgundy eucalyptus stems from Home Goods for my inspiration.
I simply popped in a couple of the stems into a vase filled with Christmas greenery, and added the white ball picks to tie into the nativity scene centerpiece.
And you just can’t have Christmas without honoring Christ!
- I love how the nativity scene becomes the focal point of the console – just by elevating it with the cake stand, greenery, and gold tray.
Happy Birthday Jesus!!
And these rose-colored pillows + the merry pillow – are actually set up in our kitchen banquette area with our Christmas wreaths trio.
- But that area never photographs well (at this time of year with all of the windows), so I staged them here because I just love them!!
For more info on the gold mirrors or black console click:
Now, let’s head over to our dining room which sits to the right of our entry.
Christmas Home Tour: Burgundy
Even though I have already done a post on the table setting this year, I still wanted to include our dining room on the home tour.
- So I won’t go into too much detail here, but you can check out the post for more details.
Centerpiece + Place Settings
And here is a closeup with the burgundy wreath and candles + place settings.
- I know it’s only a small pop of color, but it’s just enough to connect the dining room and entry together.
Centerpiece + Place Settings
Feel free to use burgundy napkins, floral picks, ornaments, etc. to pull out the burgundy accent color.
I do love all of the golden tones with the burgundy. They soften it up so that it’s not too moody – LOL!
And here is the burlap spruce (green) tree with the cranberry-colored (burgundy) candle.
- I decided to use frosted greenery in here – to soften the contrast against the deep cranberry-colored candle.
So you might just have to play around with your table scape to get it how you like it!
Here is a side view from our kitchen (sorry the picture is so dark). I had to close the shutters to show the candles better.
So, why do I use the white entry bench or our gray bedroom bench?
Well, it’s very difficult to take pics with my bulky white slipcovered dining chairs – so I just have to move things around to get the best photos.
- And…. I might like to move things around for fun too 😉
Christmas table with gray bench.
Christmas centerpiece with white bench.
Now, let’s move to the powder bath.
Christmas Home Tour: Red
The powder bath stays roughly the same each year, and for that reason- it’s red!
- It sits beside the entry, in a side hallway, and it’s not in the direct line of decorating fire – haha!!
So we’re taking a quick detour from the green + burgundy.
I just painted the powder bath white recently from the dark turquoise blue, and it feels like a new Christmas room to me (even though it’s mostly keepsakes in here).
My dear friend JT gave me the Christmas peppermint hand soap this year (love it), and the “J” napkins are from my mom.
- The colors worked perfectly in here, and they make me smile – so Thanks to both of you ladies!! 🙂
Who says that the “lavatory” can’t be decorated also? LOL!!
- The stuffed bears, hanging ornament, and “P” hand towel are all keepsakes and/or gifts.
- And I usually store extra TP in the sleigh, but decided that it needed some color (with the green hand towels) since the walls are white now.
Yay, it’s time for the living room and some emerald green!
Christmas Home Tour: Emerald Green
So, we’ve shown the burgundy (well and a hint of red) on the home tour, now let’s move on to the emerald green!
Here is the view coming in from our entry.
I love how all of the different shades and “pops” of green work together seamlessly.
- Plus, I was able to use our green fringed throw blanket from our Christmas master bedroom years ago, and it tied in perfectly!
And I’m excited for our new IKEA Billy bookcase addition….. even though it’s not done!
- A Billy hack post is coming soon!
I simply popped in a couple of decorative accents to bring in the Christmas cheer!
- Check out these posts out if you want more info.
It’s very simple, but adds a ton of texture and visual weight to the living room.
And I just gotta have some glitter trees!!
And…. some shiny mercury glass trees too! 😉
- Did someone say shiny? Haha!
I was going to do a coffee table centerpiece post – but didn’t get around to it – sorry!
- Basically, you will just add some greenery, ornament balls, and the different-sized silver and gold trees – to a tray.
I love how it pops against the black built in cabinet, and ties all of the trees together.
It was definitely a lot easier to decorate the built in cabinet this year too.
Check it out if you want more info:
I decorated the glass bowl on the end table to coordinate with the centerpiece on the coffee table.
- It’s small, but adds just enough green to make it pop.
And of course my mini nativity scene always finds a home each year!
And what you couldn’t see from the first living room pic….was this little guy hiding on his chair perch!
- Love my Boomer!
Oh and here’s our tree – lol – the reason you’re on this tour!
We got a new fuller (and wider) flocked tree this year, and I do love how it completely filled the living room corner.
- I have been wanting to decorate a tree with emerald green for a long time, and I’m so glad I did!
Since it’s so bold, I kept everything else fairly simple so it could be the true showstopper.
And if I have time (eye roll inserted)….. I’ll try to do a post to show how I put the ribbons on, etc.
- But in the meantime, here’s a closeup pic!
Time to wrap some gifts – Post coming soon!
Here’s a little teaser…..
Have a Very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!
Love & Hugs 🙂