Hi and welcome to our Home Tour: Summer Dining Room! I am excited to share our updated look for the summer this year with navy + green. (Well, really it’s spring – but you know what I meant) – ha! And nothing says “hello spring/summer” more than signs of beautiful green grass and Easter celebrations. Click 26 Gorgeous Easter Tablescapes To Try or Setting a Purple Easter Table: Spring Decor to see more spring table inspiration or 31 Cheerful & Colorful Spring Wreaths for spring wreath ideas.
- So, how you decide which color to use each year?
Well, it depends on what colors draw you in and just make you smile.
Especially…..if you can use it with some of your existing decorations, then you have a winner. Are you picturing it yet? You know the one…..Yep – that’s your color then! Is it green like mine?
HOME TOUR: SUMMER DINING ROOM
It’s funny how some colors come and go in trends, but green is always in. And why is that you ask? Because green is the color of all things nature-related.
Whether you use it as an accent (decor) item, as greenery (plant), or even as food (apples) …..it just shouts fresh, crisp, and clean!! Use lighter shades of green for spring, and darker shades of green for summer…. but. just. use. green. please!!
OK- Let’s get to it then!!
*** This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure and privacy policies down below for more information. Thanks so much for your support 🙂 ***
***Shop Our Dining Room: Pictures of the linked items are shown below (scroll to end) for your benefit ***
HOME TOUR: SUMMER DINING ROOM
***PAINT COLORS: Navy Accent Wall – SW Naval, Side Walls – SW Silver Strand***
You can shop more of our home on the home page now at Shop Our Home.
I have to admit that our dining room is my favorite room to decorate, because #1: it is the easiest to change out and #2: it is the easiest to clean.
Plus, it does not get as cluttered as the living room and kitchen with all of our “daily junk,” and that means less work!!
Who else is with me here – LOL??!! I just have to move the backpacks, shoes, and loose homework paper to another room and voila – it’s clean!!
So, what makes it so easy to change out? The reason for this is that I have my core items in place, and then I can sprinkle in my accessories as needed.
Here is a list of the 2 groups to help me explain it better.
- Lamp Base
- Mirrors – Gray and White
- White Slipcovered Chairs
- Candle Sconces
- Candle Sticks
- Lamp SHADES
- Table Runner
- Floral Arrangement
- Throw Pillows
- Wreath (if I want color on the mirror)
- Table/Place Settings
- Ceramic Orb Balls (in candle sticks)
By keeping the core (foundation) items of the room relatively the same, I can just simply “pop” in some accessories (accent items/colors) and get a whole new look.
This keeps my decorating costs down big time….and it allows me to “feel” like I am getting a New ROOM!!
Plus, this helps me with seasonal changes as well. I can easily “add in” the accent color of the season or holiday and not have to change the entire decor.
Here are some pictures so you can see what I am talking about.
I am a visual person, so attaching a picture along with the core items and accessories will help join the 2 elements together.
Mirror + Lamps + Candle Sticks
Buffet + Rug
Slipcovered Chairs+ Table
Table Centerpiece: Cobalt Vase + White Flower Stems
Green Striped Lampshades
Green and White Pillow
Solid Green Pillow + Green Buffalo Check Summer House Pillow
Click here for 10 Ways To Add Buffalo Check (without breaking the bank).
Blue Ikat Table Runner
Closeup of Blue vase + White Flowers
Closeup View of it together
So…… will you now want to try decorating or adding some green decor this spring/summer? And where will you use it? Can’t wait to see some pictures!!
If you have any questions, please shoot me a comment! I’d love to hear from you!!
Have a Great Week!! Love & Summer Hugs 🙂
Want to see more pictures of our dining room click:
SHOP OUR DINING ROOM
- chandelier – with glass here, no glass here, no glass – 2 sizes available here
- rug – here, here, here
- table – here, here, and here
- chair + cover (dark legs) – here, brown/white legs option also
- chair frame (white legs) – here, brown/dark brown legs option also
- chair cover only – here
- buffet – here, here
- large rectangular mirror – smoky blue mirror here, beaded mirror here, arched mirror here
- white round mirror – here
- lamp pair – white pair here, green pair here, navy lamp pair here
- green striped lamp shades – white cotton lampshade here, white linen lampshade, green 2″ ribbon here
- white candle sticks trio – here, here, and here
- navy and white orb balls – here, here
- blue and white table runner – buffalo check runner here, blue stripe runner here, green table runner here
- cobalt vase – single vase here, trio set here
- white flowers – magnolia stem here, cherry blossom stem here, dogwood stem here, hydrangea stem here
- green pillows – kate spade dot pillow, green striped pillow, solid green pillow,
- summer house SIGN – here
- gold sconces – round here, round with mirror here
***** PICTURES OF ITEMS *****
(Click on the picture to get to the webpage for more information)